This new Professional Development Award (PDA) at SCQF 9 has been developed by SQA in partnership with the Scottish Social Services Council as a recognised qualification if you`re a lead practitioner or manager of childcare and playwork settings. The qualification is equivalent to an ordinary degree. You may be able to access funding for course fees from your local authority childcare partnership or receive a proportion from the SAAS Part-time fee grant.
For those with qualifications in social work, community education and nursing - we can offer the 60 credits required by the SSSC for registration.Applications for the 2017 intake should be made by 13/2/17
for more information
- You will study topics which are grounded in work-based learning and aim to balance professional knowledge and understanding with practical skills and abilities
- You will work on two practice units andndash; one within your current workplace and one on placement in another area of childhood practice giving you even more valuable practical experience
- You will also have the opportunity to explore a particular area of interest in the Independent Study unit allowing you to shape your own learning according to your interests and future plans.
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities and tutorial sessions online learning research discussion groups ; all with full support from our experienced staff team.
Number of Days per week:
- You must have 240 credits at SCQF level 7and 8 in relevant subjects to gain entry to this course
- You will already be working in a lead practitioner or manager role in a childhood practice setting
- Edinburgh College can offer a range of courses and top-up bundles to enable you to build up your credits If you have a degree-level qualification you may gain direct entry to Level 9
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Register with the SSSC at lead practitioner / manager level
Download our progression route map here
- Postgraduate study in a related field
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...