Project SEARCH is a unique partnership with an employer (the City of Edinburgh Council and NHS Lothian), education provider (Edinburgh College) and supported employment specialist (Intowork) to work with two groups of twelve young people with a learning difficulty who want to move into employment.
The young people have three internships with the host employer over 40 weeks resulting in improved skills with 800 hours of work practice. A trainer and job coach are based on both sites, working closely with the business to provide classroom learning, internships and on-going support to the young people.
- Project SEARCH is at level 4 and successful achievement will result in an Employability Award.
- You will complete three internships (approximately 11 weeks each) within a host business.
How Course Is Assessed:
- There will be ongoing classroom-based written assessments and internship reviews.
Number of Days per week:
- Seven hours per day, Monday to Friday
- No formal qualifications are required
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
Up to 75 per cent of students participating in this course are expected to secure employment.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...