Please note that the process below relates only to International students – i.e. those from outside the European Union. EU nationals should apply by visiting our course pages and using the online application system. For advice on whether you would be considered an “International” student, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the International Student Application Form. Please complete all sections including your Personal Statement
- Attach copies of your passport, any previous or current UK visas, your educational certificates and English language level evidence. Applicants for Tier 4 visas require a UKVI approved IELTS.
- Return your completed application by email to email@example.com or by post to the International Team, Edinburgh College, Granton Campus, 350 Granton Road West, Edinburgh EH5 1QE, Scotland, UK.
- You will usually be invited to an Admissions Interview with College staff, conducted by Skype if you are overseas.
- Following the Admissions Interview, you will usually be invited to attend a further Visa Interview with a member of the College’s International Team, conducted by Skype. The purpose of this Visa interview will be to assess the most appropriate visa route for your UK studies and provide you with advice about the visa application process.
- If you are accepted, the International Team will send you a Conditional Offer Letter & Course Acceptance Form by email and information about applying for your study visa type.
- We request a deposit payment, usually 100% of the total course fee. In the case of a refund, £100 is kept to cover administration costs. You must meet all the conditions in the Offer Letter and pay the deposit payment to secure your course place.
- Accept your offer by sending your completed Course Acceptance Form and deposit to the International Team
- We will contact you about your preparations to apply for a visa.
- Upon confirmation that your visa application has been successful, we will send you pre arrival information, including details of accommodation, airport pick-up service, enrolment and induction.
Contact the International Team at Edinburgh College for further information:
T: +44 (0)131 559 4646