Deciding which course to study can be a difficult decision. We run various courses at various levels which can lead to further study or employment.
You may be still at school or you may have been out of education for some time and be unsure of your next steps.
At Edinburgh College we want all our students to realise their full potential by moving onto the right course at the right level.
Course Information and Advice
If you are thinking about coming to College and would like to find out more about our courses or need help to make an application, ring our Course Information Line on 0131 669 4400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can make an appointment to meet with one of our Course Advisers to discuss course options and have a look around the campus. Our Advisers will help you with any questions you have about coming to College and assist you to make your course application.
Learning Development Tutor
When you start your College course, your Learning Development Tutor will work with you to find the next and most appropriate step for you. They will spend tutorial time looking at the best opportunities for you, discuss decisions you may need to take and help with any application forms.
Skills Development Scotland College Careers Advisers
The College has the services of Skills Development Skills (SDS) Careers Advisers who work with existing and former students. Advisers are able to provide support for students at all stages of career planning including:
- Information and advice on the range of careers available
- Help with choosing courses at college or university
- Information on entry qualifications
- Information on job and training opportunities
My World of Work Website
The My World of Work website is the ideal starting point. Our Careers Advisers recommend you visit this site for all stages of career planning.
The website has sections which cover:
- Which career - looks at how you can successfully choose the right career for you
- Research your career - allows you to investigate job options in more detail
- How to apply - CVs and application forms
- Interview skills - preparing for job and university interviews
- Develop your career - looking at promotion and career change