Edinburgh College is one of the largest year-round providers of English Language courses in Scotland. All College Based ESOL classes are accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
If English is not your first language, you can study ESOL courses full time, part time and in the evening, from beginner to advanced level. You can study at our Sighthill and Milton Road campuses (Please note that not all courses are available at Milton Road campus - check the course details for further information). You will learn the language skills, employability and citizenship skills for life and work in Scotland. The average class size is 18 - 20 with a maximum class size of 23. You must be aged 16 or older to study ESOL courses in the college.
Support for students aged 16 and 17
- All 16 and 17-year-olds are given a 24 hours emergency number.
- Information on ‘Keeping yourself safe in Edinburgh’ is provided at induction.
- A tutorial system is in place for students to discuss progress or any problems with their teacher.
- Students are supervised in class, on class trips/ activities, and during work placements.
- Parental consent is required for class trips and work placements. Outside these hours there is no supervision of 16 and 17-year-olds.
To find out more about all the College-based ESOL classes click on the course name on the right. For all courses, you will need to spend between £30 and £50 on course books and resources. For Cambridge exam classes, the cost of the exam is not included in the course fee. For information on refund of fees please read our Refund Policy
See the college calendar
for information on course start dates and college holidays.
International Students (students from outside the EU excluding asylum seekers, refugees, and Humanitarian Protection Status)