Would you like to work in Care, Childhood Practice or Health Professions? Would you like the chance to find out more about suitable jobs in caring services? Do you want to be part of a fun and interactive course?
Then this course is for you!
Introduction to Caring Services is a nurturing course, allowing students to find out more about the different jobs in caring sectors. This is an SCQF Level 3 course, and successful applicants will be automatically granted a place on either a Childhood Practice Level 4 or Health and Social Care Level 4 course.
You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced lecturers and have individual support from Edinburgh College allowing you to progress professionally and academically.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Digital Communication Skills
- Outdoor Learning
- Counselling Skills
- Employability Skills
- Problem Solving
- Working with Others
- You will attend a brief interview where we can speak to you about your interest in the Caring sector and speak to you about any additional help or support we can offer you to help you succeed.
How the course is assessed
- We use fun and engaging project work to assess your work.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to meet with a member of the team to discuss your needs and the expectations of the course to ensure you will be able to commit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Successful completion of this course will ensure you have a guaranteed place on either a Childhood Practice Level 4 or Health and Social Care Level 4 course.
- This course can be a route to studying Childhood Practice, Health related subjects or Health and Social Care.
- This is not a registerable course, but it will ensure you can move onto the next stage of learning should you wish.
Course Cost And Funding Options