Steps to Employment is a year-long course aimed at people
who are looking to build their employability skills and prepare for the job
market. You are normally offered a work placement at Edinburgh College with a range
of opportunities available and gain first-hand experience in a work environment.
We aim to provide you with a work placement that matches your skills and
ambitions either within Edinburgh College or in your local community.
- Communication and Social Skills
- Team Building
- Communication, Numeracy and ICT skills
- Workplace Safety
- CV and interviewing Skills
- Job Seeking Skills
- Skills to Enable You to Keep a Job
- Personal and Social Development
You will undertake a work experience placement within one of
the Edinburgh College Campuses or local community over 3 days per week.
- There are no formal entry requirements
- You must be able to attend the course for 5 days per
- You can work at SCQF Level 3-5
- You are hoping to gain employment
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be invited to attend an informal interview to assess if this is the correct course for you.
Course Cost And Funding Options