This Higher level course is for anyone who is interested in
working on the production side of digital media. You should have some
experience of technical elements of audio and video, and be looking to upgrade
your skills across a range of study areas. You will study Radio Production and
Audio Editing, which includes the opportunity to do studio work. You will
also do Sound for Single Camera, Location Lighting, Video Editing as
part of major video production. Much of your course will be project-based, including the opportunity to do an Animation unit. Throughout the
year you will be able to build a strong portfolio and
skills that should enable you to apply for HND level study
in Radio, Television, Media or Audio Visual Technology.
- A minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 5, preferably in a related area
- A portfolio of work that shows your areas of interest and your skillset
- You should already be working at SCQF Level 4 and have a proven interest in a broad range of Digital Media
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/ video work you may wish to submit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- HND Audio Visual Technology
- HND Creative Industries: Television
- HNC Radio
- Entry level jobs in the digital and industry
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...