If you are considering studying photography then this course
is an ideal starting point.
This course is designed to give students an introduction to
This course is designed as a basic starter course for those
wishing to explore and learn more about photography. Students will learn the basic use of a camera and what it takes to make successful photographs.
This is a hands-on course where students will learn through
practical use of a camera and other photographic equipment both in college and
on location. Students will also learn basic photo editing and
preparing files for printing.
- Composition and Exposure
- Photography for Social Media
- Studio Portraiture
- Three passes at SCQF Level4
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical, written and project-based assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend as interview to assess your interest and level for this course
- At the interview bring along examples of photographs
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Photography Level 5 taught at Edinburgh College
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...