If you want to get into a career in journalism, media, advertising, public relations or marketing then this course is perfect for you. The HNC in Media and Communication covers topics in film theory, interviewing skills, writing for the media, advertising and creative writing. You will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the creative industries and be prepared to progress onto university or employment. This course can give you the confidence to start your own writing projects such as blogging or book writing.
- Complex Oral Presentation
- Writing for the Media
- The Media: Features and Trends
- English Language Skills: Correcting Creative Text
- Creative Industries: An Introduction
- Law and the Media
- Research Skills
- Media Analysis: Advertisements
- Film Theory
- Creative Writing for Vocational Purposes
- Interviewing Skills
- Meeting Skills
- Scriptwriting for Radio
- Narrative and Genre in Comics and Animation
- Mature applicants with appropriate experience and competent writing skills may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 Highers in relevant subjects such as English, Modern Studies, Politics, Media, Psychology. A typical offer will be two B`s.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Essays, reports, presentations and projects
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Progression to media courses at a university.
- Media journalism
- Public relations
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
Previous students have been accepted onto courses at the following universities: Abertay, Stirling, Queen Margaret, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caledonian, Robert Gordon, Northumbria, Heriot-Watt, Strathclyde and Dundee.