This Higher level course is for anyone who is interested in working on the production side of Digital Media. You should have some experience in digital media and be looking to upgrade your skills across a range of study areas. In addition to Photography, you will study Radio Production and Audio Editing, which includes the opportunity to do studio work. You will also do Sound for Single Camera, Lighting for Single Camera and Video Editing as part of major video production.
Much of your course will be project based, including the chance to do an Animation unit. Throughout the year you will be able to build a strong portfolio that should enable you to apply for a range of HNDs including Creative Industries Television with Multi-Camera, and Audio Visual Technology.
- A minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 5, preferably in a related
area, and a portfolio of work that shows your areas of interest and your
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Written and practical assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You should already be working at SCQF Level 4 and have a proven interest in a broad range of Digital Media.
- You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/ video work you may wish to submit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Audio Visual Technology
- HND Creative Industries: Television
- HNC Radio
Download our progression route map here
- Further study in related areas at HND Level
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options