If you want to work in the Creative Industries and are keen to study towards a degree or an entry-level job, you will need a portfolio of production work. This 18 week January start course provides an ideal opportunity to explore various aspects of digital media while giving you the chance to build that all-important portfolio in a range of subject areas.
You will study sound, photography and moving images while learning how to operate high-end video cameras, editing techniques and digital software. You may want to work in the ever-expanding area of social media and social networking is a key component. In addition, you will study animation and the theory of television and film.
If you are enthusiastic about working in Digital Media but haven’t had the opportunity to gain the skills you need, this broad-ranging course will give you the chance to explore this area of study, and successful completion will allow you to progress to study at Higher level and on to HND. If you have been studying Digital Media at Level 4, this course is a natural progression to broaden your skillset and improve your portfolio.
- Digital Media: Audio
- Digital Media: Moving Images
- Digital Media: Still Images
- Basic Video Camera Operations
- Social Networking
- Introduction to Television & Film
- Introduction to Social Software
- Art & Design: Animation Skills
- A minimum of 3 units at Level 4 preferably in a
How the course is assessed
- Writing practical and project work
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/video work you may wish to submit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Further study to level 6 courses
- NC Broadcast
- NPA Digital Media Audio Visual Production
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...