THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT
This course is aimed at S5 and S6 pupils who have an
interest in working in the Creative Industries and wish to gain experience and qualification in this area while still at school. The NPA in Film and
Media will give you an insight into working in areas such as film, publishing,
TV, radio and the visual arts. The course is made up of a mixture of practical
and theoretical units. You’ll have fun, learn new skills, explore different
creative media and meet and work with other like-minded young people. The
qualification will support applications to college or university courses in
- Film and the Film Industry
- Content Development for Media
- Technical Skills for Media
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- An Introduction to the Media Industry
No formal entry requirements, though students will be
expected to demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in and knowledge or
experience of the film and media industries.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Project work, practical exercises, some written and oral
assessment, no exams
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC in Creative Industries
- HNC Media and Communications
Entry-level positions in film, tv, radio, and other media,
for example, production runner.
- 2 afternoons Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 - 4PM