A certificate in Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing 2394 will give you the skills and confidence to inspect and test fundamental installations and conduct initial verification on electrical equipment. Practising electricians who haven’t worked on fundamental inspection and testing since qualifying or who have recently become qualified as an electrician after working in other engineering disciplines or trades will find this course useful.
- Health and safety
- Inspecting electrical installations
- Testing electrical installations
- Preparation for inspection and testing: requirements; information required; statutory and non-statutory requirements; certification and documentation
- Inspection: items to be inspected; periodic inspection; extent and limitations and electrical safety
- Testing instrumentation calibration and sequence of testing associated requirements IP code parallel circuit resistance installation testing: continuity of protector conductors; ring circuit continuity; insulation resistance penetration and flashover; electrical separation; special locations; polarity; earth loop impedance; earth electrode; RCD tests and prospective fault current
Number of Days per week:
- 1 evening per week over 8 weeks
- Candidates must have completed the 17th Edition Electrical Installation course to give you the basic understanding required.
- If you are currently working in electrical testing a Certificate in Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing 2394 can help you update your skills to keep up with best practice.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- On completion you can move onto other electrical courses to widen your knowledge in other areas.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1260 Sighthill block-release (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...