This course is designed as continual professional development for childhood practitioners. This course contains several individual SCQF Level 7 units. It is specifically aimed at increasing knowledge and certification at this level and for current practitioners who are currently qualified and working with children and young people in a service. This course is also a route to increasing SCQF credit points at this level whilst working towards access for future courses. The course is flexible and you can generally take between one and three units per academic year.
The units cover a variety of areas and are all relevant to the HNC qualification currently available to practitioners. Subject areas include:
- Health and wellbeing
- Teamwork / Collaborative Working
Working with specific age ranges *subject to availability.
To successfully achieve each unit you would work online through sessions which have been designed to increase your knowledge and understandings using a good variety of teaching and learning methods. This includes interacting with your tutor keeping a journal and reflecting on aspects of your work.
- You are required to be currently working or volunteering on a regular basis in the service be registered as a practitioner with SSSC and have the appropriate PVG in place before commencing these units.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Each unit has unique assessment methods which can include report writing essays reflections and which allow you to demonstrate your knowledge understanding and work base practice.
Number of Days per week:
- Each units has an expected weekly study of 2hrs per week there is also some notional learning and workplace reflection required to ensure you can link your study to practice.
- As the study is online there is no specific college attendance required however there is tutor support online weekly via a chat room and occasional drop in sessions available upon request.
- For this level of course you are required to hold a practitioner’s award as deemed registerable by the SSSC. Details of this can be found on the SSSC website under qualifications for practitioners in a day care of children service http://www.sssc.uk.com/
To obtain entry to these units you should be:
- Working or volunteering on a regular basis in a Childhood Practice Setting and have a PVG for this setting.
- Hold a registerable award for Practitioner Level as detailed by the SSSC.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All successful applicants will be sent information from the admission team on payment methods and the course information booklet along with an explanatory email about how to access the course materials and tutor contact information.
For practitioners working with children and young people in Childhood Practice settings. These units can show continual study and commitment to learning. For aspiring supervisors and managers looking to move on to the next level of qualification these can prepare them for future learning or ease the transition into learning.
This course can increase credit at level 7 and prepare learners for moving back into study or before commencing on the Level 8 and 9 qualifications. It can also demonstrate commitment to knowledge and show continual professional development at practitioner level in line with the CPD requirements from SSSC.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...