This course is aimed at mature learners who are looking to change their career to one working with children but who don’t yet have the entry requirements for an HNC Childhood Practice course.
It may also suit current practitioners who have been advised by the SSSC to complete additional units for registration.
Candidates are expected to complete 3 credits on this course and the fee is £100.00 – PER CREDIT.
- Children’s Development
- Children’s Rights
- Supporting Children’s Behaviour
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
- You will be expected to identify and arrange a placement opportunity of a minimum of 20 hours in a childcare setting. This could be nursery, after school club or youth work. This placement experience is crucial in developing your understanding before moving onto the HNC.
- If you are completing single units as part of your registration the placement will not be a requirement as you will be in employment.
How Course Is Assessed:
- A combination of essays projects and closed book assessments
Number of Days per week:
- You should have at least 2 qualifications at National 5 (Int 2) one of which should be English
- Applications from those with other qualifications and experience will also be considered
English Proficiency Requirements:
- This is an access course to the HNC Childhood Practice course.
- It will not qualify you to work with children but it will give you a good understanding of child development and children’s rights which along with the voluntary placement will enable you to gain access to the HNC
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £100 (Per Credit) Granton open-learning
This course will start week commencing...