This is year 2 of a course designed for managers and senior practitioners who are working towards the qualification at SCQF 9 and also practitioners who want to develop their knowledge and skills.
The course topics are designed to offer underpinning knowledge for those interested in progressing to the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF 9. They are also an excellent progression for students who have completed their HNC or SVQ 3 award. Students can achieve 60 credits at SCQF 8 in each year and can register for either year of the course or the full 2 years depending on individual credit requirements. The course does not have a group award.
Standard course fee is £685 per year – the SAAS part time fee grant can be used towards this fee.
Year 2 topics link theory to practice and include units on:
- operational planning
- professional practice
- collaborative working
- quality assurance
How Course Is Assessed:
- A blend of HN and PDA level 8 units. The majority of the assessments are written submissions with group work and presentations required.
Number of Days per week:
- The course is run as a blend of evening class sessions and online tutorials through our Moodle system.
- Applicants should have a practice award at SCQF 7 – HNC Childhood Practice, SVQ 3 Playwork, SVQ 3 CCLD, SVQ 3 Social Services (Children and Young People)
- Applicants should be working in a childcare setting as a manager/senior practitioner or as a practitioner with at least 1-year experience
English Proficiency Requirements:
- Senior practitioner in a childhood practice setting progression to manager
- This course offers 120 credits at SCQF 8 (60 in each year) and successful students may be able to progress to PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF 9
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £686 Midlothian part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...