This course is ideal for anyone wanting to learn the basics of computer networking and device connectivity and security. It's an ideal starting point for those wanting to change career into the tech industry as well as those needing to broaden skills at work and hobbyists.
This course is beginner level and makes use of a high number of practical activities to break up the reading and knowledge aspects. The language in this course is aimed at beginners.
It's a perfect stepping stone into areas of Cyber Security and world-renowned qualifications such as CCNA.
The goal of the course is to introduce you to networking, network service and device configuration and CISCO routers and switches.
Come and learn in one of the best CISCO facilities in the country.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Explain how end-user devices and local networks interact with the global internet
- Explain the requirements for network connectivity
- Build a small network using an integrated network router
- Explain the importance of IP addressing
- Explain how the protocols of the TCP/IP suite enable network communication
- Configure an integrated wireless router and wireless clients to connect securely to the internet
- Configure basic network security
- Build a simple computer network using CISCO devices
- Troubleshoot common network issues found in the home and small business networks
- You should have a basic understanding of how computers work and browsing the internet
- Those having studied CISCO IT Essentials or COMPTIA A+ curriculum would have the best starting point for this course
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed on your knowledge and skills at the end of the course. More details available at the information day.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
After applying you will be invited to an information event where there is an opportunity to find out more about the course and ask questions.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- Tuesday evenings (5:45 - 8:45pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options