NPA Social Software is a beginner course in studying computing and technology.
This course is just for students who need English language lessons at Level 4 at the same time as learning computing.
The course teaches you, internet communications technology, computer programming and digital media creation.
- Social software
- introduction to cyber security
- computer programming (python)
- Video editing
- You need to be comfortable using a computer or laptop for everyday tasks such as searching the internet, email, online shopping and banking.
- Equivalent proficiency is ECDL essentials
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
English is assessed through, speaking, listening and writing, there is also an English Assignment to complete.
Computing classes are assessed through practical projects/activities e.g. write a blog, or write a computer program. There are also one or two small multiple-choice tests, where you will be asked questions and you need to choose the correct answer from a list.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be tested on your English and your computer skills before being advised on a course
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- NPA Digital Passport
- Computing with ESOL level 5
- Digital skills are highly sought after in any job and many employers value people who have these skills.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...