This is an 8-week beginner’s course to build your own
It covers hosting the website, installing WordPress on the
server, adding a theme, plugins and publishing. See below for full details.
This course is ideal for clubs, societies, charities,
hobbies, bloggers, small business owners and those wanting to take the first
step into a career in web development.
As part of the course, you will be able to get assistance
with building your own bespoke website.
- Hosting and WordPress
- Website design
- Theme installation
- Adding content
- Using templates
- Plugins and interactive content
- SEO (Search engine optimisation for getting your website
visible in google)
- Participants should be comfortable using a desktop computer/laptop
for browsing the internet, online shopping/banking and similar tasks, blogging,
basic office tasks
- Equivalent proficiency would be ECDL essential
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Progression And Articulation Routes
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- 1 evening per week, Monday evenings 5:30 to
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £325 Sighthill evening (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...