This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) test. The course covers the reading writing listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well as relevant vocabulary and grammar. You will receive a college certificate and will either continue with studies for Cambridge Advanced or be ready to enter for the Cambridge exam upon completion of the course. This course includes taught classes directed self study and personal tutorial time.
The Cambridge Advanced Exam is held in December and June in the College. Please note that there will be no classes on the two days of the examination. Please note the cost of the exam is not included in the course fee. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the Cambridge Advanced Certificate
- Advanced grammar and vocabulary appropriate for CAE Exam preparation for Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English
- Please note that the course does not cover the set book option
How Course Is Assessed:
- Internally assessed with the option to take the external Cambridge exam
Number of Days per week:
- English language level of IELTS 5.5/FCE B or National 5 ESOL
- Aged 16 years or overPass at FCE B or equivalent
- Your language level will be assessed at interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IELTS 5.5/FCE B or National 5 ESOL
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- you will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
- Gain your Cambridge Advanced Certificate
- Progress to university/further study
- Progress to mainstream college courses or employment
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £246 Sighthill evening (year 1)Fee: £308 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...