CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Adults) is an initial teacher training course and an internationally recognised form of entry into the English Language teaching profession. The part-time course runs from the middle of January 2020 through to June 2020 on Tuesday and Thursday evening 5.30 - 8.30pm.
The full-time course runs for 4 weeks from 15th June 2019 to 10th July 2019. Applications for the full time course will open March 2020.
- The Cambridge CELTA is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to teach ESOL effectively in a variety of contexts
- You will study theory and methodology and learn how to analyse language through tasks and discussions
- You will observe experienced ESOL practitioners and undertake 6 hours of teaching practice with ESOL groups.
- Applicants should have university entry qualifications as a minimum requirement.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through 6 hours of observed teaching practice and 4 written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Please note that places on CELTA courses are limited and early application is advised
- Selection interviews take place throughout the year while places are available
- These group interview sessions will consist of discussion tasks a short mini-lesson and an individual interview
- English teaching opportunities in the UK and abroad.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- Full time - 5 days a week
- Part time - 2 evenings a week
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £1000 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
Information about funding can be found here
This course will start on…
This course will end on...