This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge First Certificate in English test. The course covers the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well as relevant vocabulary and grammar.
You will receive a college certificate and will be ready to enter for the Cambridge exam upon completion of the course. The Cambridge First Certificate in English Exam is held in December and June in the College.
Please note that there will be no classes on the two days of the examination. Please note the cost of the exam is not included in the course fee. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the Cambridge First Certificate
- Upper-intermediate grammar and vocabulary appropriate for FCE Exam preparation for Cambridge First Certificate in English
- Please note that the course does not cover the set book option
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is internally assessed. It is possible to take the external Cambridge First Certificate exam at the end of the course
Number of Days per week:
- Aged 16 years or over
- Meet the minimum language requirements of IELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4
- Your level of English will also be assessed in an interview at the College
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
- Gain your Cambridge First Certificate then progress to the Cambridge Advanced qualification
- Further study or employment
- Move to mainstream college courses
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £246 Sighthill evening (year 1)Fee: £246 Milton Road part-time (year 1)Fee: £308 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...