This course is ideal if you want to improve your English for further study in the UK. The course will develop your reading writing listening and speaking skills for everyday life and in a study context leading to the SQA Higher ESOL award. This course includes taught classes directed self study and personal tutorial time. You will expected to buy the course materials as specified by your course tutor. Please note this course is for applicants whose first language is not English.
National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications, accredited by the SQA, are typically studied at high school and college. These qualifications act as pathways to further study including university entry. Edinburgh College offers a selection of subjects at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher level on a part time basis. You may choose to study up to two subjects.
For classes taking place during the day you come to college twice a week for a two hour class. For evening classes you come to college or an outreach location within the community once a week for a 3 hour class.
Course Fees: £275 (approx.) per subject. Fees will be confirmed when application has been processed.
- English language skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Grammar and vocabulary at an advanced level
- You will complete SQA Higher ESOL
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- You should have a clear idea of your plans for future study.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for a test for your language level and interview where your suitability for the course will be assessed.
- HNC level courses or university
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £260 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...