This BEng in Energy and Environmental Engineering course is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in a range of modules from Pneumatics and Hydraulics to Engineering System Analysis. It will give you the necessary knowledge understanding and analytical skills needed for a role related to engineering systems. You will cover a whole range of essential areas in mechanical, electrical and systems engineering.
In Year 1 you will follow HNC Engineering Systems with Renewables. This course is designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of industry and commerce. Progressing to Year 2 you will follow HND Engineering Systems with Renewables. The aim of this HND is to provide you with the solid foundation and practical skills in advanced theories of engineering systems.
You will use the latest simulation and design software and study a variety of technical subjects including Principles of Engineering Systems, Renewable Energy Units and CAD. There is some practical and laboratory work and you will complete your Graded Unit examinations in Engineering Systems.
This course is intended to meet the needs of employers and will ensure you meet undergraduate requirements as well as enabling you to meet your specific needs or interests.
Do you have any questions regarding this course? Contact a member of our teaching staff:
+44 131 297 9285
- Principles of Safe Engineering Systems
- Engineering Systems Analysis: System Modelling and Control
- Project Management: Managing the Implementation of a Project
- Computer Aided Draughting for Engineers
- Engineering Maths 3
- Engineering Maths 4
- Renewable Energy Systems: Overview of Energy Use
- Design for Manufacture
- Production Planning and Control
- Business Awareness and Continuing Professional Development
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- Engineering System Graded Unit 2
How Course Is Assessed:
- Unit by Unit basis
- Students are allowed 2 attempts at each assessment
- All units on the course are either pass/fail except for the Graded Units. These are marked and graded A, B or C based on performance.
Number of Days per week:
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- This course is aligned with the universities requirements Graduate or technical engineering position
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here