THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Scientific Technologies at Edinburgh College aims to give pupils in S5 and S6 the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to work towards a career in the Life Science industries. The programme has been developed to allow young people the opportunity to study and experience college the world of work while still remaining at school. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Apprenticeship learners will achieve a Joint Qualification Certificate certificated by SQA leaners will receive certificates for competed National Qualifications (NC Applied Science) and SVQ 2 Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities.
This is a 2-year course. In year 1, pupils will attend college 2 afternoons per week completing a National Certificate in Scientific Technologies (SCQF level 6). In year 2 pupils will typically spend 10 hours per week attending college and on an extended placement with an employer to complete their vocational qualification in the workplace.
- Laboratory Safety
- Fundamental Chemistry
- Health and safety Scientific or Technical Tests
- Prepare compounds and solutions for technical use
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- Part-time (afternoon) Tuesday and Thursday
- Applicants must have achieved or be working towards National 5s, in Maths and Chemistry
- A good level of written and spoken English.
- A good level of numeracy skills.
- Applicants must have an interest in a career in The Scientific Technology Sector.
- If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview at college.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- HNC Applied Science University (year1) Employment