This award is designed for technicians who maintain and repair electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the skills and knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle's high & low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance.
On completing this qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
- Electric/Hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Understand the hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to safely prepare the vehicle when carrying out routine maintenance on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- There are no entry qualifications for this course
- A trade qualification would be desirable
How the course is assessed
The award requires candidates to demonstrate knowledge and
- IMI set oral assessment
- IMI set practical assessment
- IMI set online test
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Repair and Replacement
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £280 Midlothian part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...