This course is designed for managers who require a basic grounding or refresher in Health and Safety. This course will introduce staff to why health and safety is important and how it can make a difference to their wellbeing at work. The IOSH Managing Safely course will set managers up for further professional study.
This is a 4 day course, studied through classroom learning with tutoring, exercises, video content and a test.
This course will allow managers to progress on to the NEBOSH Certificate which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
How Course Is Assessed:
- Assessment via a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
Number of Days per week:
- no formal entry qualifications
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IOSH Working Safely is now recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £208 Sighthill block-release (year 1)