This course is designed for managers who want to further their training in health and safety. This course will give managers an understanding of why incidents occur and a basic understanding of risk assessment procedures. This course will set managers up for further professional study.
This is a 4-day course involving tutoring, exercises, video content, a test, and a project at work.
This course will allow managers to progress on to the NEBOSH Certificate which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
The course will cover:
- Principles of accident prevention
- Common and statute law
- Health and safety management systems
- Practical risk assessment – techniques and control
- Workplace hazards such as fire electricity COSHH noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Audit and review
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed by a project and a multiple choice assessment paper
- A certificate is awarded when the course study is concluded and the assessments are completed satisfactorily
Number of Days per week:
- 2 days per week over 2 weeks
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £495 Sighthill part-time (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on…
This course will end on...