This course is designed for employees at any level within a manual job (e.g. factory or construction worker) who require a basic grounding in health and safety. This course will introduce staff to why health and safety are important and how it can make a difference to their wellbeing at work. The IOSH Working Safely course will set employees up for further professional study.
This course is studied through classroom learning part-time, 1 day per week, incorporating tutoring, exercises, video content and a test.
This course will allow employees to progress on to the IOSH Managing Safely course which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
- No minimum entry requirements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment via a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- IOSH Working Safely is now recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £168 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...