This course is designed for employees at any level within a manual job (e.g. factory or construction worker) who require a basic grounding in health and safety. This course will introduce staff to why health and safety is important and how it can make a difference to their wellbeing at work. The IOSH Working Safely course will set employees up for further professional study.
This course is studied through classroom learning part-time, 1 day per week, incorporating tutoring, exercises, video content and a test.
This course will allow employees to progress on to the IOSH Managing Safely course which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
How Course Is Assessed:
- Assessment via a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- No minimum entry requirements
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IOSH Working Safely is now recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £160 Sighthill part-time