This 18 week course will give you an insight into Engineering. If you are unsure which direction to take introduction to engineering will give you experience of both so as to allow you to decide. Delivered at National 5 level, the course covers both theoretical and practical subjects from both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering to give you an understanding of the core requirements of both disciplines. Participants will also study Maths and Communication at SCQF level 5.
There is also an opportunity to gain essential core skills that are aligned to progression and industry needs. After successful completion of the course candidates will be able to choose to specialise in either Electrical Engineering or Engineering Systems (NC Higher Electrical Engineering or NC Engineering Systems).
- Graphical Engineering
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Testing Wiring Skills
- Installation of wiring systems
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Engineering Materials
How Course Is Assessed:
Each unit is assessed and must have a minimum of a pass in order to receive the overall qualification.
Number of Days per week:
3 days per week
- Applicants must have a minimum of a pass in National 4 Maths.
- An interest in Engineering is also essential.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
This can lead to an exciting career in the:
- Mechanical engineering industry
- Electrical engineering industry
Download our progression route map here
You can progress onto:
- Electrical Engineering NC
- Mechanical Engineering NC
- Apprenticeship routes are also possible
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here