This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of subjects such as Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
SWAP (Scottish Wider Access Programme) courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least 3 years (5 years if studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland. For more information on SWAP courses please go to Scottish Wider Access Programme here.
You will cover a range of National 5 and Higher Level subjects such as
- Maths and Information Technology
- Preparation for Higher Education
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- This Access programme is NOT intended for recent school leavers
- You must have been out of full-time education for 3 years or more and have no/few formal qualifications
- All candidates are interviewed to ensure that the appropriate course is chosen and that the applicant can cope with the amount of work involved Entry by informal interview and a short entry exam
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Entry is by informal interview and a short entry exam. All candidates are interviewed to ensure that the appropriate course is chosen and that the applicant can cope with the amount of work involved.
Download our progression route map here
- A large range of degree courses offered by the universities in East and Central Scotland are open to you
- For Biological Science students this course can lead on to a range of degree options including Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Microbiology.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...