This course is designed for supervisors and managers who work in a medium to the high-risk environment and is ideal if you require basic knowledge of occupational health and safety. This course is the perfect first step towards a career in occupational health and safety.
Part-time study is a mixture of lectures and exercises and students are issued with all study materials. Students are required to carry out private study each week.
For open learning students, this course is studied through workbooks. Students will set their own timetable but will have tutor support. Students may also attend college every Tuesday evening to meet their tutor and other students, with opportunities to ask questions and participate in exercises.
This course will allow employees to progress on to further study at diploma level which can be studied at Edinburgh College
Our open learning format allows you to join the course at any time.
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- There are no qualifications required for entry to the certificate
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- 2 hour question paper
- 3 hour practical assessment
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NEBOSH Diploma to forward your career as a health and safety professionals
- The certificate is on a unit basis so once a unit is obtained it can be used to complete parts of other certificate courses
- Part-time one day a week for 12 weeks
- Open learning one year of tutor support
Course Cost And Funding Options