The HNC Accounting Group Award has a long history and is extremely popular with candidates. Both awards are suitable for a wide
target audience including school leavers, adult returners and those in
employment wishing to formalise and further develop their skills.
The HNC Accounting is aimed at those wishing to gain
employment, or who are currently employed, in roles such as accounts assistant,
trainee accountant, finance assistant, book-keeper or a financial administrator.
On completion of the HNC, you can move onto the HND Accounting in August.
Specific aims of the HNC Accounting Group Award
- To prepare candidates for employment in an accounting
related post at an assistant level such as accounts assistant, finance assistant,
book-keeper, payroll assistant, sales and purchase ledger clerk.
- To provide a flexible award to meet the needs of
candidates in employment, recognising their existing experience and skills.
- To prepare candidates for progression to further study in
accounting or a related discipline. For example, entry to year one or year two
of an accounting degree programme.
- To prepare candidates for progression to professional
accounting bodies’ qualifications.
- To develop and integrate a range of contemporary
vocational skills. For example, the integration of financial and cost data;
the preparation, analysis and reporting of financial data; practical
information technology skills using a range of relevant software packages.
- To provide a range of optional Units to permit an element
of vocational specialisation.
HND Accounting prepares candidates for employment in roles
such as accounts technician, assistant accountant and accounts supervisor.
- Cost Accounting
- Statistics for Business
- Information Technology: Applications Software 1
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- Management Accounting Using Information Technology
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Recording Financial Information
- Using Financial Accounting Software
- two relevant National Courses at Higher (SCQF level 6)
- a relevant programme of National Units at Intermediate 2/National 5 (SCQF level 5) and/or Higher (SCQF level 6)
- an SVQ in Accounting, or other relevant areas, at SCQF level 5 or level 6
- Units from previous HNC/D Accounting framework or Units from other relevant HNC/D qualification
- different combinations of relevant National Qualifications, Vocational Qualifications and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies
- Candidates qualifications and Work experience will also be taken into consideration.
How the course is assessed
- On-Going assessments
- End of term Exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Application and Interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
The HNC provide progression to higher education with universities recognising the HNC award as entry to first or second year of their accounting degree programmes or HND Accounting in College.
The HNC Accounting and HND Accounting Group Awards are recognised by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The HNC Accounting is a general accounting award that allows candidates to gain skills and knowledge in book-keeping, financial and management accounting using manual and computerised techniques. This award is aimed at those wishing to gain employment, or who are currently employed, in roles such as accounts assistant, trainee accountant, finance assistant, book-keeper or financial administrator.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...