The demand for strong business-minded graduates is high and we aim to give you the skills you will need to thrive in your chosen career. Business marketing is a growing sector and, through digital and social changes, more jobs are becoming available. This course will teach you up to date and essential skills in business-related subject areas including management, accounting and economics. Upon completion you will be fully qualified to progress into a rewarding career or further study of Business at HND or university level.
- Information Technology: Applications Software 1
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Economic Issues: An Introduction
- Business Accounting
- Managing People and Organisations
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- Business: Graded Unit 1
- Communication: Business Communication
- Digital Imaging Project
- Digital Marketing Communications: Website Tools & Techniques
- 2 Highers in a relevant subject area
- National 5 Mathematics or equivalent
- Relevant work experience
- Candidates will be considered on an individual basis
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through written assignments and there will be an end of year exam.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend an interview where we will assess your interest in the course and your level of learning
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Business HND taught at Edinburgh College
- Various university courses in Business Management
- Business manager
- Digital marketing manager
Course Cost And Funding Options
Scott came to College to change his career following an injury which prevented him from working in his previous role. Following three years of study, he graduated and was awarded the Chair’s Award for Academic Excellence in Tourism, Hospitality and Business, and has already started working as a HR Administrator for NHS Education. Scott says:
“Returning to education with three children and a mortgage seemed crazy yet, it was the best option I had. The best thing about studying at Edinburgh College was the culture and the people. The course and the teaching were centred on the students which made learning effective and enjoyable. It created a cohesive team-like environment in which I made many friends.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...