The main aim of the NPA at SCQF level 4 in administrative
activities is to provide a practical and flexible introduction to the
administrative sector. This will enable learners to acquire and develop skills
and knowledge needed for further study or to access employment in
administration as trainees or in junior roles.
This courses gives candidates an insight into Digital
Business Administration skills, while also improving their English Language.
- Enable candidates to consider the various options open to
them and to make informed career choices for their future.
- Prepare candidates for entry into further qualifications —
in particular directly into SCQF level 5 Administration or SVQ Level 1 or
- Provide candidates with specific administrative related
knowledge and practical skills and the transferable skills demanded by
- Standardise provision at SCQF level 4.
- Respond to Sector Skills Council and market demand for
relevant skills development and qualifications at the non-advanced level.
- Develop core and transferrable skill
- Administrative Activities
- Preparing Business Documents
- It solutions for Administrators
- Building own Employability Skills
- Responsibilities of Employment
- Dealing with work situations
- Applicants will be considered on an individual basis
- Relevant work experience
- Support reference
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Interview required - English language test may be required
Progression And Articulation Routes
- National Progression Award in Administration: Office Skills and Services (G9CF 45) at SCQF level 5
On successful completion of the NPA, it is envisaged that
employment could be gained in the administration, business and commercial
sector in one of the following job roles:
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Junior/Receptionist
- Clerical Assistant
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...