The aim of this half-day course is to raise awareness about the fundamentals of the new Data Protection Regulations from the European Union, including the mechanisms for Enforcement and Compliance, and Rights and Obligations of data subjects and controllers.
The information provided to delegates on this course is designed to raise awareness of the Data Protection Regulation from the EU. Delegates must engage with their own internal GDPR Officer to ensure they are complying with the policy provided within their own company.
The information provided on this course should not be taken as legal advice.
- Identify the main provisions of the GDPR, including key concepts, principles and data protection roles
- Explore the rights of data subjects and their relevance in daily life
- Investigate obligations of data controllers and processors and related steps that need to be taken for complying with the GDPR
- Identify enforcement & compliance mechanisms and international data transfers under the GDPR
- There are no formal entry qualifications for this course.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- 1, this course will run on a Monday from 9:00 am - 13:00
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £105 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...