The National Progression Award in Human Resources and
the Law has been developed with the purpose of providing candidates with
basic skills in human resources (HR) administration and the fundamental aspects
of Scots Law relevant to relevance to working in HR. The skills provided will
be an asset in employment in a junior role, for example in an HR department,
but will also support further study in either of these two areas.
- To enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding
of fundamental legal aspects relevant to working in the context of HR
- Provide candidates with the opportunity to develop
relevant Core Skills for legal-related occupations and for further study in
- To prepare candidates for entry into related NC or HN
- Human Resources: Administration
- Law of Contract: An introduction
- Employment Law: An Introduction
- Introduction to Legal Services
- Legal Research and Writing
- Coping strategies and Building Resilience
- Influences on Mental Health and Wellbeing
You may be required to complete a work placement.
- Three relevant Intermediate 2 or 3 National 5 passes at
C passes including English at Credit level
- Relevant National Units at appropriate levels (e.g.
achievement of the Core Skills entry profile) Equivalent qualifications from
other awarding bodies
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND legal Services year 1
- Human Resource Management year 1
Human Resources and the Law at SQCF level 6 will provide the
skills and knowledge demanded of modern, progressive sector environments. The
skills and knowledge acquired will allow for progression to the employment of a
general support nature within the sector and related environments.
The mandatory Units provide a range of knowledge and
skills required within small to large-sized firms and employers, allowing for
the development of a range of more particular employability skills demanded by
sector organisations and employers generally. Consultation established that
employers look for these transferable skills and the demonstrable professional
knowledge gained through the award in the recruitment and selection of support
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...