So you’ve got the make-up skills now, but need to learn how to style and dress hair? This 18-week course is an exciting progression into hairdressing design and makeup techniques which is suited to individuals who have previously completed Level 3 NVQ Diploma Beauty Make-Up. This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a hair and make-up consultant.
This qualification gives you the skills to create hairdressing and makeup designs which enable you to offer your clients the full package as a make-up and hair consultant. You will also learn Body Art Design, which will allow you to create your own 2D designs applied to a 3D surface.
You will work in our salons or studios providing a realistic industry environment which will give you valuable practical experience to help you fulfil a career as a hair and makeup consultant. You will also have the opportunity to undertake employment experience within our evening salons, these skills will enhance your employability prospects even further. You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with SQA and VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment and written closed-book assessment where applicable.
Please note: there is an additional cost for a course kit and which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Plait and Twist Hair
- Body Art Design
- Make-Up Skills
- Make-Up for Special Occasions
- Health and Safety
Employment experience will take place within
Please note this is a mandatory aspect of the
All applicants must be 16
years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold :
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma Beauty Make-Up
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons. The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview - all criteria will be sent out prior to interview date
- The interview will include a practical trade test and written task which you will be asked to complete prior to the interview
- The formal interview has a scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview, along with the practical trade test and written task
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Beauty Therapy (2 year)
- NPA Make-Up Artistry
- HNC Fashion Make-Up
Download our progression route map here
- Enter employment in the beauty and makeup industry as a freelance hair and makeup consultant
- Work as part of a team within the makeup Industry
- Develop your skills further in the world of fashion and photographic makeup with possible progression onto HNC Fashion Make-Up
- Further higher qualifications may also be required at this level. You will have also gained some knowledge in financial effectiveness of the business and this will assist individuals looking to become self-employed
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-7.30pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...