If you are already in a helping role or wish to develop yourself as a helper, listener or as a counsellor in the future, then the COSCA certificate is the perfect theoretical and practical course. It will allow you to develop the ability to establish a safe, trusting and helping the relationship with another person by becoming a Reflective Practitioner.
You will reflect on your own processes and experiences and how these have shaped the person that you are. You will also develop an awareness of how your own qualities values attitudes and personality affect how you are within helping relationships. You will come to the College for individual skills development meetings outside the weekly session too making sure that the course meets your specific needs.
We are currently recruiting for Module 1 November 2018, there is limited availability. Recruitment for the March intake will open at the end of November.
Please note although the title says Module 1, we offer all 4 modules which make up the certificate, the cost of this course is £301 per module. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counselling skills to enable you to achieve the COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course previous counselling training at Introductory Level can be helpful but is not essential
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be invited for interview where you will be expected to:
- explore your reasons for choosing to embark on the course at this time in life
- to describe and discuss in detail a specific example of helping and supporting someone emotionally
- to explore and identify your own personal skills and qualities relevant to the COSCA training
- to discuss a time in your own personal life when you went through a difficult process of change and identify the learning you took from that process
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Once all 4 modules are complete and you have gained the Certificate in Counselling Skills you could progress to study a Diploma in Counselling (not offered by the College) HNC Counselling, or employment which uses a counselling approach
- The Certificate consists of four consecutive developmental modules
- It is a part-time course of three hours per week for 12 weeks per module, at College either from 9.15 am to 12.15pm or 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £307 Sighthill evening (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...