Are you looking for an exciting new career in health care or want to start your journey to becoming a health professional? This course will prepare you for work in Health Care or progression on to a relevant Higher level course at college. If you’re wishing to change career path and already have qualifications in other areas Introduction to Health Services is the ideal course to start you on your new path.
If you are currently studying for a Level 4 course at College (with relevant science) and want to move to the next level of Health Care this course is for you. On this course, you will have the opportunity of studying subjects that will prepare you to study Health Care at level 6 or gain employment within health care.
Previous students on this course have gained employment in health care, progressed to Level 6 Health courses which have led to university places for nursing and allied health professions.
- Biology National 5
- Care National 5
- First Aid
- Core skills including numeracy IT and communication
- Employability skills
- Self-awareness – personal health and Wellbeing
- Health sector Improving Health and Wellbeing
- Study skills The above units may be subject to change
How Course Is Assessed:
- Case study projects and SQA National Assessments.
Number of Days per week:
- 4 National 4s including English and Biology or relevant Level 4 full-time course. If you don’t currently have Biology at SCQF Level 4 then you need to apply to an SCQF Level 4 course with Biology first before progressing onto this course
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants meeting the entry qualifications will be invited into college for an information session after which offers will be made.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Support work roles in health or social care
Download our progression route map here
- SCQF Level 6 Route to Health Professions which will give you the entry requirements to study nursing and other allied health professions at University.
- Other relevant Level 6 course
Previous students have progressed to Level 6 gained entry to university then achieved distinction in their adult nursing degree.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here