If you are considering a career in Social Services this is the course for you.
You will get the opportunity to study a wide range of subjects including mental health, health and safety, employability skills and self-awareness. You will also have the chance to brush up your ICT and Communication skills.
- Health and Safety for Care
- Practical Skills for Employment
- Personal Development and Self Awareness
- Employability Skills
- Understanding mental health
- Coping strategies and building resilience
- There are no formal entry requirements but you should feel comfortable working at SCQF level 4 and have good communication skills as you are preparing to work with a wide range of people
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Group work
- Case Studies
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to the college to find out more about the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- If you enjoy the course and pass all the units you could progress to Level 6 Social Services course or Working with Communities course or another Level 6 college course
- Support Worker
- Community Worker
- Youth Worker
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...