If you are considering a career in Nursing but
don't yet have the necessary entry requirements, this is the course for you.
You will attend college three days a week until June
2020 and get the opportunity to study a wide range of subjects including
mental health, first aid, human body and medical terminology. You will also
have the chance to brush up your numeracy and Communication skills.
If completed successfully, you will be considered for our
University Access to Nursing course that starts in August 2020.
We have a partnership with Napier University where our
University Access to Nursing students who are progressing well will be
offered an interview for entry into Year 1 of their Nursing degree programme.
- Human body
- Introduction to First Aid
- Understanding Mental Health
- Medical Terminology
- Personal Development and Self Awareness
- Social Influences
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- You should have been out of formal education for at least three years.
- You should feel
comfortable working at SCQF level 4 and have good communication skills as you
are preparing to work with a wide range of people.
- Experience of working in a care setting is desirable.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Group work
- Case Studies
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to a college information event to find out more about the
course and participate in group activities.
Progression And Articulation Routes
If you enjoy the course, have good attendance and commitment and pass all the units you could
progress to our University Access to Nursing course in August 2020 or
another Health and Social Care related Level 6 college course.
Download our progression route map here
- Nursing and other Health and Social Care professions
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options