This course is designed for those who are currently employed in a childcare setting. It will provide the theoretical knowledge and practical skills you require to work in a playwork setting. This is a vocational qualification and you will be assessed by a portfolio of evidence measured against national standards of competency. As much of the evidence for the portfolio is generated in the workplace you will be assigned an individual assessor who will observe your work practice and support you throughout this qualification. The course will take place over 2 academic years and will include a range of different learning opportunities: classes tutorial sessions online learning and research. On completion youll be eligible to register with the Scottish Social Services Council at practitioner level. Visit the SSSC website for more information about registration.
- Current playwork theory and practice
- How to encourage and support self directed play
- Safeguarding children
- Childrens rights
- Health and well being.
- As you are already in employment there is no placement aspect of this course
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed holistically by reflective accounts projects and questions. You will be assigned an individual assessor who will visit your workplace to undertake observations of your practice
Number of Days per week:
- One 2 hour class per week. Morning or evening
- SVQ level 2 in Playwork or Children’s Care Learning and Development
- NPA Playwork and childcare or equivalent
- You must be working within a playwork or childcare setting in an appropriate role
- You should have around six months experience of working with children in the 5-15 age range and be currently employed in a playwork setting in an appropriate role
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited to attend a group interview
- Registration as a practitioner within a playwork or childcare setting
- SVQ level 4 in playwork if you progress to a supervisory role within your workplace PDA Childhood Practice at level 8
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1050 Milton Road part-time (year 1)Fee: £1050 Milton Road part-time (year 2)
This course will start week commencing...