This course is focussed on the music business and is designed to
give you your first steps in breaking into the music industry. The
course will show you what it takes to be a success in this competitive industry
and introduce you to a wide range of possible careers within the industry. This
is a unique course taught by highly qualified and experienced lecturers in
Edinburgh College state-of-the-art facilities. These include a 100-seat
auditorium, Mac labs and recording studios.
Explore your career possibilities as you work directly with
industry professionals and start your own record label, work with bands, learn
essential marketing and events skills and attend major music-industry
networking events. These will give you essential industry connections and
explore your career possibilities. You will develop crucial skills in how to
organise and create marketing campaigns; organise live events; create promotional
materials; and set up a record label. You will gain up to date and specialist
knowledge of all major areas of the industry including live music events and
touring; scouting for new music acts; managing artists’ careers; effective
marketing of artists online as well as covering legal issues including
contracts and copyright.
- Learn about the key sectors of the music business including Live Music, Record Labels and Music Publishing
- Learn about all the different roles in the music industry and what they involve
- Work in a group to create your own record label
- Learn how to put on events and gigs
- Create music promotional campaigns
- Learn about copyright law as it applies to music
- Learn about recording and live sound
- Attend a variety of music networking events
- Learn how to create artwork and promotional material for a band/artist
- Four National 5 Qualifications (one of which must be English)
- An understanding of job roles and organisations in the music industry
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment is through project coursework and some written tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Prior to being invited along for an interview you will be asked to complete a brief written task which should be completed at home and brought to the interview.
Progression And Articulation Routes
This course is designed to allow progression on to our HND Music BusinessDownload our progression route map here
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...