The National Progression Award (NPA) in Creative Industries at SCQF level 4 focuses on developing very basic knowledge and understanding of practical aspects of the creative industries. It is aimed at those who may want to explore the many activities and opportunities available in the creative industries sector, including theatre and performance, television and radio broadcasting, music and video.
The NPA in Creative Industries at SCQF level 4 also aims to prepare learners for the more advanced skills and techniques that will be required to enter one of the many creative industry awards available at SCQF levels 5 and 6.
- Prepare learners for the more advanced skills and techniques that will be required to enter one of the many creative industry awards available at SCQF levels 5 and 6.
- There are no formal entry requirements but a good personal statement stating your interest in the Performing Arts, and demonstrating your commitment to the performance medium.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Through practical demonstration and some theoretical assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend a selection process that will focus on your acting, movement and voice ability.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- NPA in Musical Theatre or further study at level 5 or 6 in the Creative Industries
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- 3 -4 days per week dependent on projects.
Course Cost And Funding Options