This course is being offered through the Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) at Edinburgh College.
This course gives young people the opportunity to study at college and gain a unique qualification and a range of experience in Acting and Performance.
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity to students who lack experience who might have applied for a Level 6 course but need more development time.
The award is also designed to meet the needs of learners who wish to develop a foundation for progression to further study and to provide skills and knowledge appropriate to the theatre industry.
- Drama Skills with Scottish Contact
- Creative Industries Skills Development
- Community Drama and movement
- Academic Skills
- Ideally, you will be studying towards/achieved National 5 or Higher English and you will require a pass (grade C or above) at National 5 English
- An interest in the performing arts.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical demonstrations and some written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Selection is competitive and based on your interview and application form (not just on your academic qualifications)
- You will be required to attend a selection process interview and audition
- Information will be sent to you if you successfully pass the application process
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- A wide variety of film or performing arts related HN qualifications at Edinburgh College
- You can progress on to a film and media or drama related course
2 days per week (9.00-5.00) but availability to see PASS shows and take place in in guest workshops that might take place out with these times.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our Patron is Karen Gillan (Filmmaker and Actress)