If you are looking to pursue a career as a makeup artist this intensive two-year course will teach you the skills you need as well as essential hairdressing skills.
In the first year, you will focus on fashion makeup through the units of Basic Makeup (skin care and eye treatments) Fashion and Photographic Makeup Business Skills and Applied Hairdressing. These are the areas which will allow you to develop even further in your second year.
In 2nd year you will develop specific skills in Special Effects Character Make-up and Continuity Cutting. These are all specialised areas relevant to working within the performing arts industry. You will gain essential work-experience throughout the course working alongside hair beauty photographic dance and performing arts students as well as at a variety of fun charity functions.
Upon completing this course you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to pursue a successful career as a make-up artist. There is a whole range of exciting opportunities in TV film and fashion. You will be in a great position to progress onto further degree-level studies too.
- Fashion Makeup Techniques
- Applied Hairdressing
- Customer Care
- Selling Skills
- Character Period and Special Effects
- Make-up Postiche and Applying Wigs
- You will be given the opportunity to take part in a variety of work-experience opportunities during your course
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through practical demonstration e-folios and theoretical/research assignments
Number of Days per week:
- When applying for Year 1 a minimum 2 Highers or relevant NC pass at SCQF Level 6
- When applying for Year 2 pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Research Task based interview with selected practical based make-up
- You may decide to attend further short courses in photography hairdressing beauty or body art.
Download our progression route map here
- BA (Hons) Makeup for Media and Performance and a variety of other makeup artistry degree course Direct entry to the industry
Many of our ex students are employed within a range of make-up houses including MAC Bobby Brown Benefit and Smashbox alongside working in film/photography and T.V.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...