Are you looking to develop a career within Baking or Patisserie - then the NC in Bakery could be the course for you.
This course will give you the opportunity to develop the skills required to work within the Bakery or Patisserie industry or to set up your own business and includes cake decorating, bread making, patisserie, chocolate processes, food hygiene and team working.
You will have the opportunity of a work placement - this will give you further insight into the industry and support you in developing your skills along with helping you to decide if baking or patisserie is the career for you.
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take part in a programme of visits to bakeries/patisseries/restaurants and we work closely with many industry partners to provide guest speaker sessions and opportunities for you to meet with and talk to employers.
- Craft Baking
- Prepare and Produce Dough Products
- Prepare Food Products for Retail Sale
- Craft Baking: Sugar Confectionary Processes
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
- Cake Decoration: Chocolate Processes
- There is a mandatory work placement element attached to this course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Open book
- Closed book
- Portfolio work
- Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- 2 grade C passes (or above) at National 5 Level or equivalent
- Applicants who do not have the relevant entry qualifications but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited into the College to attend an information session/interview - there will be opportunities for you to speak to a member of the lecturing team on an individual basis.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Bakery assistant
- Pastry chef
- Assistant Baker
Download our progression route map here
- SVQ in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionary) at SCQF Level 7
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...